Sunday, May 31, 2009

What a Mighty God We Serve!!!!

This has been an exciting weekend around the Hampton household, and seeing as there is just two of us, you know it had to be big. I got to have dinner with my besties in Jackson. That is always a treat. We are all so different. I love hearing all of our different opinions. Stephanie and I definitely had a miscommunication in TGIFridays. Looking back now, I can't help but laugh at it. Basically Stephanie ALWAYS likes to sit across from the people that she wants to talk to. Typically there is only three of us, so she ALWAYS likes to sit facing the opening of the restaurant and have the two people across from her. I have recently shared with her that I too enjoy seeing the people walking into the restaurant. To make a long story short, I had sat down in the seat that would have been across from Stephanie and Laura. Bad idea! Stephanie then asked to sit where I was sitting. What she meant was that she was wanted to sit beside me and across from Laura. But Laura and I obviously thought that since she ALWAYS sat on the opposite side of us, Stephanie was asking me (who had already sat down and placed my purse down) to get up from my seat and sit by Laura so she could sit in the seat she preferred. We had a few minutes of bickering which of course ended with me getting up from the seat (I'm a pushover) and the my basically throwing my purse into the booth (barely missing Stephanie's head). It was all a miscommunication, which makes me laugh about how frustrated I really was. We had a good time together after that mishap. We went shopping. I was such a good wife. I bought Andrew 3 dress shirts on sale. All I bought for myself were books in sale because I am stockpiling my books for my trips. Saturday I was woken up early by my husband who wanted to go yard selling or dumpster diving. We did that and didn't find a durn thing and then I went to the Civil Servants breakfast. I am meeting so many cool ppl in the community. I then spent the rest of the day cleaning the floors and having Stephanie and Andrew edit my graduate school application essay. Those two really take care of me. The ppl at Union are going to read my paper and then accept me. When I start writing my own papers though, they are going to think who is this idiot who can't write. I got the application sent in the mail. After I did a happy dance, I rewarded myself with going through a car wash. I love car washes!!! I always have to get the deluxe though because I love LOVE LOVE all the colors that are spit out onto my vehicle!!! Stephanie came up later that day, where I cooked her a thank you meal and we went to Whiteville Lake. We tried to take pictures, but my camera was dead. You wouldn't imagine something so beautiful in a town like Whiteville. Whiteville is ugly, poor, ghetto, and has less stuff than Bolivar. Sunday was D-Day though. Andrew has been asked to be the interim music minister at our church. It's a huge honor to be asked. We don't even know if he's getting paid or not. It would be nice if he did though. We could sure use the moolah. He has been so nervous about it, he hasn't been able to sleep for several days. He has had nightmares about it and walked around the house constantly saying, "Why did I say that I would do this? I'm going going to do this any other Sundays. I think I'm going to be sick." I felt so bad for me. We arrived at church this morning at 9:30. The church service doesn't start until 11:00. Andrew picked his microphone (the sound guy is hard core). Andrew started feeling a lot better once the piano player came in. Shannon really calmed him down by discussing the hymns with him and how she was going to do the intro. Andrew did so well! I was so proud of him. Afterwards, the people at the church came up to me and said that they could tell that he was nervous because I looked nervous for him,haha. I guess that's not too much of a compliment. After it was over, Andrew felt so much better about it and realized that it's not as hard as he was thinking that it was going to be. Whew! I'm glad that this Sunday is almost over. Hopefully we won't have to go through this nervousness again next week.

No comments: