Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's Tuesday!!!!!

I love Tuesdays (sometimes). This particular Tuesday should be a good one. I had to be at the office by 8:00am this morning. That's what time I am supposed to be at the office. Typically I am in the office by 8:10 or even 8:30 if I'm planning on working late. There is no one waiting at the time clock. In fact, we don't even have a time clock. This particular morning though, Kim is at a 5th grade graduation. Apparently in Bolivar, 5th grade graduations are big things. I am going to one tomorrow in fact. The 5th grader is really nervous about her graduation ceremony. "What if I trip?" "What if I throw up?" "What if the girl who is going in front of me doesn't show up and I have to go first?" "What if I cry?" It's amazing to me how important this graduation is to her. In Bolivar, after the 5th grade you have to go to Bolivar Middle School. Which is a normal progression, except if you have never gone to a Bolivar School before because you live in Toone, Whiteville, or Hornsby. Not only are you leaving the school that you have attending since Kindergarten, but you are having to ride the bus for even longer than you used to. I understand the nervousness. Some of the children are acting as if they are graduating from high school or college. I just pretend with the children that their graduation is one of the most important things in the world. I wonder if they hear Vitamin C's Graduation song and get teary eyed? Anywho...back to my Tuesdays. I have VOCA today. We are winding down to the end. That means that right now we are reviewing all the information from the year and discussing our goals and how to achieve them. I have younger VOCA today. They are so sweet (most of the time) and they don't understand that they won't be coming to the center anymore. I hope that I have made a difference in the lives and that they remember my fondly. Maybe I'll be their "Morrie, " like in the book Tuesdays with Morrie (I highly recommend it). Tuesday nights only mean one thing in the Hampton household...aMERican Idol!!!!-I wrote it like that for Stephanie who can't stand Ryan Seacrest. This week is the finals. I don't know if I will be able to handle the stress. I almost couldn't handle it when it was Adam, Danny, and Kris. I don't like Adam. Yeah, he can sing on the right note. Big Whoop! He screams in falsetto. It bothers me to my core. He completely lost me when he sang Ring of Fire. I had to choose between Danny or Kris. That might have been one of the hardest decisions I have ever made. Do I choose the sweet widower who is Christian? or Do I choose the 23 year old who married his high school sweetheart and plays in a praise band? Who do you think I chose? I went with Kris. I related to him and he seems very modest. I spent 30 minutes constantly texting my votes for Kris. While I did make that decision and I was confident with my choice, I was still upset with Danny was sent home. I hope. Rather I Pray that all of the Danny's fans will vote for Kris and beat Adam. I don't care that Adam's gay, I just really don't like to be screamed at and I would never buy his CD. I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle the stress over the next two nights. But tonight is a special night. A tv show that was made for people like me. The dorks who love to sing and dance to show tunes. GLEE is premiering tonight. I hope that it's a good show because I am really really excited about it. I am not ashamed of my excitement because I know that there are others out there just like me who love singing Dancing Queen and the Sound of Music soundtrack. I can't wait!!!

No comments: