Monday, May 11, 2009

It's Officially Official Now

I am no long Dana Elizabeth Archer according to Social Security records. I am officially Dana Archer Hampton. It was a bigger decision than I thought to change to Dana Archer Hampton or Dana Elizabeth Hampton. Andrew thought I should change it to DEH because everyone in his family has the middle name of Elizabeth. I wanted to keep the Archer though. We have no males in my family and so there are no more Archers. I am considering naming a child Archer. I wonder if it would have been too much to be Dana Elizabeth Archer-Hampton. I know that I haven't lost my identity, but I guess it took me so long to do it (5 months) because I wanted to hold on to that last piece of my childhood. "Today, I am now an adult"-Grey's Anatomy.

Andrew might be arrested. J/K...maybe. Andrew has this horrible memory. He can't tell you very much from his past or remember what you told him 2 days ago, but darn it he can remember numbers. We were sitting very patiently in the Social Security office for about 30 minutes even though they told me it would be a ten minute wait. Andrew got bored and started memorizing the people's numbers who were going to the front desk. He remembered their numbers perfectly. He kept talking ALOUD about how he was planning on going home and searching for their information to steal their credit card information. Um, yeah. Not too smart of an idea. He was completely joking, but the lady sitting in front of us didn't know that. Andrew hadn't even showered and probably looked like white trash to her. So, if my next blog is about bailing my ex-husband out of jail, that's why. That brings up another point. Would I divorce Andrew if he landed in jail? I guess it depends on what he landed in jail for. If it was for murder or rape or something horrendous, then of course I would. But if it was for something stupid, I think he would be okay. Could you imagine introducing him as,"Have you met my husband Andrew? The Convict?" Then I would have return to the Social Security office which is 36 minutes away and get my name changed back. That might be too much of a hassle though. It's something to consider.

No comments: