Friday, May 29, 2009

False Alarm

Andrew and I are slowing looking into buying a home. We have been looking around Bolivar, but really we are waiting to see where Andrew will be working around July. If you buy a house for the first time before December 31st, you get $8,000 in addition to what you get from the IRS. Andrew and I are really interested in foreclosure homes. My boss got a beautiful home for $70,000!! Her home is probably worth way over $100,000. I was looking online yesterday because a house on our street went up for sale and I wanted to see how much it was for. In my hunt I found a $32,000 house (not the one on my street). I was really excited. My mouth dropped.
There had to be some major things wrong with it. From the picture I could tell immediately that the outside of the house needed a new coat of paint, but with the money you save on the house, you can get painters. The house has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. 3 bathrooms?! There's only 2 of us. I then with high expectations drove to the house. It was on a good street, but the ghetto was behind it. There was a round driveway, a shed in the back and the whole back of the house has been newly added. The negatives are that every window needed to be replaced, the carpet was crappy, and it didn't have the refrigerator or dishwasher. I just saw that from peeping into the windows. Tough luck though. Oh well.

No comments: