Friday, May 8, 2009

How Dare She??!!!!!

There is this great lady that goes to my church. She is really funny and related to one of my favorite people in the world, our office manager Kim. She's not very old, but she has an older son. I'm sure that she has some great stories about her life. I really enjoy hearing what she has to say and I always have tried to sit by her during Discipleship Training.
Not, 15 minutes ago Kim asked me if I talked to this lady much. I told her that I hadn't talked that much to her but I told a funny story about her during graduation Sunday. Kim then shared with me that this particular woman had emailed her asking if I liked her because she thought that I didn't like her because I never talked to her or spoke to her when I saw her. What???!!!!! I think that this lady is great. I have not spoken to her when I saw her at school before, but in my defense I am really bad at recognizing people when I see them in places that I don't expect to see them. I see her at church, not at the elementary school in a suit. There were also about 10 mothers crammed into a small space and I had to check out my kids, not to get home early but because I had a job to do. I was very focused because I HATE checking my kids out at this elementary school because the office workers act put out to assist me in any way. So I'm sorry that I didn't recognize her. I was FOCUSED!!!! She did touch my arm and I was surprised to see her there and spoke briefly. It was loud and crowded and I always go stand by the door so that my children can see me. I wasn't being rude, I was just doing my job. And ANOTHER thing!! I love the women in my class at church. They are some of the sweetest and funniest women I have ever met. The problem is is that I'm still getting to know them and they are comparing funny stories about their children. I don't have children. What stories will I share? I just listen. I really like this woman. Now I feel as if I really have to go out of my way to make her know that I like her, but if I go too far then she will know that Kim told me. Now that I think about it, I did talk to her on Sunday morning. Why wouldn't I like her and why wouldn't she like me? I understand that sometimes people just don't like you. I get that, but normally there's a reason. Sometimes personalities just don't click and it's obvious. This lady and I do click, we just are at different parts in our life and I'm still learning my way around the church dynamics. I am not a rude person. I typically like everyone. I would never dislike someone unless they have done something to me or a friend. UUGGHHHH!!! I guess sending her flowers on Mother's Day is too much. I could always offer to take a test for her since she is trying to get her business degree. Maybe I should go to her son's graduation and invite myself to the graduation party afterwards. What do I need to do? Wash her feet??? I always smile at her and say hello. Next Sunday I will make sure that before we sing in choir that I will have a basin and a washcloth to scrub her feet down real good. Maybe I should skip the washcloth and use my hair. That's a plan...maybe.

No comments: