Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Feeling Good

Today I am feeling good. That's a big thing considering it's 9:16am. I normally don't feel this good at this time of the morning. It's not because I went to bed early. I was in bed by 8:30, but Man vs Wild was featuring Will Ferrell on his show, Andrew had to stay up and watch it. It's not because I felt awake this morning. Nope! It's not because I had a soothing morning. I had to fuss at my dog this morning because she tore the tag thingy off of Andrew's tie. I don't like fussing at my dog because she covers under a table and sometimes she shakes. I don't know why she shakes. I don't hit her or anything. I am wearing a cute summery shirt today. Maybe that's it. My landlord is also installing a new window air conditioner until today in my house. That also could be it. This is also my first night of working with the youth. I don't really know what to expect. I'm supposed to be working with this lady Dai (pronounced Day) with a drama group. I really don't know much about skits and stuff. I know sign language, there's a BIG difference. I know you can incorporate that into skits and dramas, but I enjoy doing straight sign language. I don't play with that interpreted crap. If I'm talking about the sun, I'm going to say sun not make a circle with my arms and put it over my head like a child's song. I have no idea what Dai's background is in this. I have about 12 years of sign language experience. I'm not going to start thinking negative thoughts about this before it even starts. Mr. Wayne just asked me if I could teach sign language and I said yes and then he switched into calling it drama. Hhhmmmmm. Okay. I hope that I can get kids interested in it.

No comments: