Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dyersburg High our Alma Mater...

I can just hear the school song playing already. Tomorrow, Andrew's little sister is graduating. Not only is Katie graduating, but my second youngest cousin Mollie is graduating as well. That makes me feel old. All of the kids I know that are graduating, I used to hold in my lap. I remember Katie running around with Leah Jean (her bff) at eight years old around the band field. Man, time has flown by. I remember in April, I had gone home and I was playing with Mollie's phone. It's a touch screen phone and I was seeing how easy it was to text on it. I clicked on the text screen and what popped up was a text from Mollie's boyfriend that started with...."Well, when we get married..." WHAT THE CRAP??!! Why was this little pipsqueak of a guy (Actually he's quite a good Christian guy who is a biology major at UTC) saying this kind of stuff to my cousin. Then I thought,"Wait. Andrew and I were 16 when we started dating." That really put a perspective on things. They are so little and young. Actually, I am only five years older than her. It's amazing how things change in such a short period of time. Who knows where you are going to be in 5 years? In five years, I want to have already had a baby or about to have a baby. That's going to be such a big change.

Dear old school where we have studied
We will all agree,
That we'll never forget the training
Given by thee.
Dyersburg High , our Alma Mater,
We'll remember thee;
And we pledge thee our devotion,
Our Fidelity.

Why I still remember that, I'll never know. Maybe it's because Mrs. Edwards my AP English teacher made us serenade the other classes until we learned it. Maybe high school wasn't so bad, if I could erase all the drama and just have the good times.

No comments: