Monday, June 15, 2009

Happily Exhausted







I just got back from my Virginia roadtrip. I had the best time. Even when things weren't going so well, like the storm on the way up there and and tree branch hitting the car, it made it memorable.








Jennifer is so lucky. Her new in-laws are some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. They love Jenn like a daughter. I can't even count the number of times Mary, Elijah's mother, told us that they had been praying for Jenn for 30 years, but they just didn't know her name. She also said repeatedly how Jenn was an answer to their prayers. Their family really wanted to get to know all of us, not just Stephanie. At night they had a family devotion led by Jenn's father-in-law. They specifically prayed for Emily to find a job when she moves to Iowa. They were so caring and loving. Their sons were very gracious with giving up their beds to a bunch of crazy girls. This wedding was so special, even though Jenn and Elijah were already married. The love and support was so strong during every event.

I had the best time with the girls. It was more like a Young Women's retreat. I enjoyed all the laughter, the discussions, and the friendship. Whenever we introduced ourselves, I was so proud of where we all were in our lives. We all have cool jobs and are in amazing places in our lives. Who else could say that she was a Professional Blogger (Ashley Harris) or a reporter?
Jenn was a beautiful bride, the only thing that might have competed with Jenn's beauty was the Virginia hillside. It was beautiful. Stephanie fell in love with the countryside. I would be fine if she moved there, because then I have an excuse to visit her there.

No comments: