Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I believe that I am a positive person. I believe that I try to find the good in everything. If that is the case, why do I find myself surrounded by very cynical people. I find that it's odd. My husband is cynical. He isn't all the time, but I have a hard time telling him certain things because of the comments that he makes. My best friend is also cynical. Am I a magnet for cynicism?? I love my husband and best friend dearly. I don't know what I would do without either of them, but jeez!

Maybe the reason I keep them around is because I enjoy having an opinion on the complete opposite side of the continuum. Maybe it helps me to see the full spectrum. The bad thing about me is that I am easily swayed towards one way or the other. There are a few things in life that you can't change my mind on:
1. Corn
2. Feet
3. My job

That's pretty much it. You would think that I wouldn't be easily convinced on the more important topics like homosexuality, abortion, or politics. Nope! If someone has a very compelling argument I will have the hardest time with holding my own. I had a hard time planning my wedding and making decisions because I would listen to my best friend who had different ideas for my wedding. I basically had to shut her out of my head. I would think I want hot pink EVERYTHING!! Then I would hear a rather boisterous voice (but oh so sweet) saying um...why not have everything neon green. Obviously that did not happen, but I have a hard time remembering that my opinion is my opinion and her opinion is her opinion and I don't have to change mine to fit hers. The weird thing is that I am a leader. What leader does that? I think that I am going crazy.

*There really is no reason for me to write this particular blog. I'm actually supposed to be working, but this is what I am doing to avoid it.*

No comments: