Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring, Spring, Spring!

I love Spring. I really don't have a favorite season. Every fall, I think, "Now THIS is my favorite," but then comes spring and,"Spring is my fav." I think what I enjoy is the in between of extremes. In the Spring, it's sunnier, warmer, and flowers are starting to bloom, but it isn't extremely Tennessee summer hot. It's such a nice adjustment from sweaters, coats, scarves, and hats to just jeans and a cute top. You don't dread going outside and frankly, after avoiding the cold winds for several months, you actually look forward to walking to your car when you leave work just for those few seconds of sunlight and good ole' Vitamin D. I love fall because the summer is so blazing hot and you can actually walk outside without breaking into a sweat. For both seasons you are able to get out those clothes that you forgot you had. Every year I hate changing out the clothes, but I enjoy seeing the items I bought towards the end of the season and forgot that I had. It's almost like shopping again. I love the sunshine and the warmth. Now I can go swing at the park and not die of frostbite or look like an idiot swinging in the snow (if we ever got any). I can't wait to buy a swing and put it outside in the backyard. I want to sit outside, read a book, watch the cows (Steph) graze, and smell the burgers on the grill. Fellowshipping with friends is so much easier when it's warm. Entertainment is cheaper-"Who wants to tan? or Who wants to swing at the park? or Who wants to go jump in the leaves? or Who wants to go for a drive with the windows down and sing loudly to girly music that no one else likes? I DO I Do I DO!!!

No comments: