Thursday, March 5, 2009

God Knows.

God always seems to know when you need a little pick-me-up. And yesterday my pick-me-up was from a little five year old boy. I was up in my office really dreading all of the paperwork that I have to do. There is so much that i kinda start hyperventilating just thinking about it. I had my head in my hands when my boss called my office and told me that I had a visitor downstairs. She sounded like she had something up her sleeve. I knew it wasn't Andrew because Andrew doesn't have a vehicle to come surprise me. I head downstairs and when I got down to the front, no one was there but my boss. Amanda (The Boss) then said, "I don't know where your visitor went. He was here earlier." Suddenly a little head pops out behind a couch yelling "BBOOOOO!!!" I acted scared and the little boy just laughed and laughed as if I was the funniest person ever. He ran over to me and gave me the biggest hug. He then told me that he had had a bad day in Kindergarten and thought he would feel better if he saw Ms. Dana. Hearing that from him warmed my heart too. Who would have guessed that the thing I needed was to hear a little boy saying he needed a hug from Ms. Dana, because I needed a hug from him too. Those days when I am so exhausted from staring at the computer and my fingers are cramping because of all the typing I have had to do are well worth it when I see that what I am doing is making a difference. I hope that when that little boy is no longer a boy, he looks back and tells people that at one point in his life there was a lady named Ms. Dana who made him feel as if he could accomplish anything. That's what keeps me going at my job. I want to be that person that someone says made an impact on them. I want to be some one's Mr. Webster. Mr. Webster made just a positive impact on my life and I thank God for that man on a regular basis.

No comments: