Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sad Easter

I love Easter. I love everything about it. I love hearing people saying to one another "He is Risen!" I love that we have a day truly set aside to celebrate Jesus rising from the grave. I love the colors. I love the Easter egg hunts. I love dying eggs, and I love getting a new Easter dress. This Easter was much like the others. There were some differences though. I did get an Easter dress, but we didn't dye eggs. Andrew and I attended Dixie Hills Baptist Church, sang in the choir and headed home to Dyersburg for Easter/Birthday celebrations. I miss Hillcrest Baptist Church. That's what made my Easter a little bittersweet. I love my new church but nothing can replace that home church feeling. I miss seeing the people. We haven't been to a Sunday service at Hillcrest since the Sunday before our wedding. Lisa told me that the Women's Ensemble sang. They haven't sung since before Bro. Bobby got sick. I would have given my right arm (maybe my right pinkie) to have been there. I miss the elderly people coming up and saying hi and asking how we've been doing even though I couldn't even tell you their names. I miss everyone. Some weekend, I'm going to say "Forget you, Andrew, and your stupid 3rd shift job. I'm going to Dyersburg for the weekend." On our way to my house on Easter Sunday, I had a slight moment of insanity. I thought for a brief moment that I wouldn't mind living in Dyersburg so that I could see my family more. It would be nice not to have to divide our time between Andrew's and my home. I almost wish that they lived in different towns so that when we visit, we could spend the whole time with one family. When we have children, we will have to let each grandparent get a full day with the kids. I miss the comfortable feeling of home. Bolivar has become my home now and I love my new friends, my job, and complaining about my house. But the saying really is true "There's No Place Like Home."

No comments: