Thursday, April 22, 2010

The world would be a better place if...

My thighs didn't rub together.



Seriously, I think I would be a much better Christian, social worker, wife, and/or friend if my thighs didn't touch each other when I walked, ran, breathed.




Hopefully I got a laugh out of that one,hahaha.




I'm still on Week 2 of the Couch to 5k Plan. I'm not disappointed in my progress, but I do wish that I was on Week 3 or 4 already. My past 2 weeks have been crazy though. I'm very proud of myself. My breathing has gotten better. I'm still huffin' and puffin' like I'm about to die, but my rhythm is better.


I read somewhere that if you go into your kitchen and break one dish, are you going to break every single dish that you own? No, You Crazy Pants! Dieting is the same way. Just because you aren't able to exercise like you want to one week, that doesn't mean that you can't do it the next week. So, while on some days I haven't been able to run due to work and classes, I drank only water, have eaten more salads, and done sit-ups. I have to admit that I haven't lost any weight, but my legs are ROCKIN'!!



These aren't really my legs, but I can tell that my calves are stronger and my thighs (while still touching) look better. I noticed this morning that my stomach was flatter too!! My breasticles (boobs) are still gargantuan, but progress is progress, Baby!



I have a plan. I'm going to be visiting my bestie in Baton Rouge at the end of May. I will have to be in a bathing suit during that time (Drat!) but I want her to really be able to notice how much better I'm looking at that time. I'm not planning on losing 30 lbs in one month, but I do want to look like I have made progress.

You have to stay in shape. My Grandmother, she started walking 5 miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is" -- Ellen Degeneres

No comments: