Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Random Post...Like Always!

I went on the Women's Retreat with my church ladies. This time it was really fun because my mom got to come. I love love LOVE the older ladies that come to my church. They are the spunkiest women I have ever met and I hope that I am like that when I am their age.

I also was able to hang out with our new music minister's fiancee, Amy. He is from TX and she is from Jackson. I asked them how they met and she shared with me that they met on eHarmony!!!!! How cool is that? They both had difficulty finding anyone that they wanted to be with and SHAZAM they found each other online. Amy told me that they considered not telling anyone how they met because they were afraid that they would be judged, but they got over that. She was telling me about the conversation she had with her mom explaining that she had met someone on eHarmony and was going to TEXAS to visit with him. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that conversation.

Andrew is now on an official 2 week educational leave from work. Yay!!! Hopefully he will be able to complete all of his papers and I am so excited that he will be at home every night. That hasn't happened since our Honeymoon and I couldn't be happier. He really is a wonderful husband.

We also had our BIG Dinner and Auction Saturday night! My mom and my besties came. That meant so much to me because I work so hard at my job and I loved being able to show them how important it was to have the donations. We were even able to sit with the mayor at our table,haha. A big thank you to Steph and Laura for even buying several auction items. I myself won my birthday present-A MASSAGE!!!!!! I am so excited!

Last night in class, we watched the video Super Size Me. I really recommend you watch it if you haven't. If you click on my link, it will take you to Hulu. Recently, I haven't been cooking as much as I should, but I try not to eat too much fast food. I will get a veggie plate from the local mom and pop stores around here. Right before we watched this video in class, I had gone to Chik-fil-a. Luckily I had gotten a chicken salad sandwich, or I might have thrown everything up right in class. This video really opened my eyes and made me sick. I doubt that I will be eating at McDonald's for a while. The premise of this documentary is this guy, who was in really really good shape, eats EVERY meal at McDonald's for 30 days. He has to have at least one of everything on the menu within that time. It was very interesting!!

Here is my Couch to 5k update:
Unfortunately, I have to do my 2nd week over again. Due to Dinner and Auction last week, I never made it home before it was dark and I was exhausted. I am also taking an elective this semester which cuts out my running during the afternoons on Mondays and Tuesdays. I can still get my running done during the rest of the week. I had planned on getting up at 6:00am this morning to run, just so I could get one in today, but my phone died during the night and my alarm didn't go off.

No comments: