Thursday, April 1, 2010

Running and Birthdays

I have officially completed the first week of the Couch to 5k program. Yipee!! Today I even ventured to take the dog with me. She loves to run, but I didn't do a very good job at training her to stay beside me on her leash. She runs to the left and then to the right and I'm constantly switching the hand that holds the leash. She was a mess, but she had a blast.

Tomorrow is Andrew's 25th birthday! This is the 8th birthday that we have spent together. It's been fun doing the birthday thing as a married couple. Andrew's family really didn't make big deals over birthdays. They always made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and they might have had gifts. My family always had family get togethers and presents from everyone. Last year for his birthday, I hung a big banner across the dining room so he saw it when he was on his dinner break at 2:30am.

This year, I am making yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. He told me not to get him anything because he had been getting so many things for his new motorcycle, but there's nothing better than surprising the unsurprisable. I got him a small duffel bag, because he doesn't have one and a CD for his new 12 disc CD player in the truck. I'm going to try to be tough and not let him convince me to open up his present a day early. STAY STRONG, DANA, STAY STRONG!!!

On his actual birthday, we are going to the zoo. Andrew hasn't been to the zoo in forever, especially not the Memphis zoo, so we are meeting good friends Dan and his wife Sara. We are also going to be meeting our other friend Chris and his new girlfriend Rachel tomorrow night. I have a feeling I will be getting an ab workout from all the laughter that will be occurring.

I can't wait, but now it's time to find the Paula Deen in me and cook these cupcakes. I have never made cupcakes before, so let the fun begin!!

No comments: