Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Portia







Andrew and I have a new member of the family. We named her Portia for several reasons.



1. Andrew is totally uncreative with names and I had showed him a picture of another dog a week ago who's name was Portia.



2. Portia also sounds like the car Porsche, which was a big plus for Andrew.






Living with a dog is excited and stressful at the same time. You might wonder why I decided to add a puppy in my already busy life. I have always had a dog and been around dogs. I'm a dog lover. With Portia, I have something to occupy my time when I'm not working. We have goals. Portia and I want her to be house trained. We would like for her to be crate trained and not cry so much every time I walk out of the room. The puppy training has been going pretty good. She's in her chewing phase right now. She'll be really sweet and give "kisses" and then all of a sudden try to take a chunk out of my finger. She has a definite appetite for toes as well. She is precious!

No comments: