Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cross Training?

My plan with training was going to get my 3 mile run to a place where it was as normal as breathing. That was until I went for my first run on Tuesday, and I ran my 3 miles effortlessly. Well, maybe effortlessly isn't the best word but I wasn't miserable and I knew that I was able to officially start my training.

If you are interested HERE is the training plan I am using. I chose this one because you aren't running on Mondays. On Monday's I need as much energy as possible for class and for nothing else. I can get up and do some yoga and free weights on Monday.

I'm a little worried about my cross training options. Everything I read said that your cross training can be swimming, biking, zumba, skiing, or anything that is using other muscles besides the ones you use for running. I even read somewhere that you could walk if you wanted to. That's what I chose to do this morning. I put the leash on Portia and hit the pavement. I didn't walk as fast as I probably should have, but at least I was doing it. I'm excited about seeing if I'll be able to run the 4 miles this week.

That will be a new personal best for me, but the fun part is that I will be increasing that personal best every week!

No comments: