Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I have not posted here in over a month. That is just unacceptable. It's not like I don't check my blogs every day.

Today I would like to toot my own horn. I had the best run ever this morning!! It wasn't that it was incredibly long or anything, but it was pretty effortless. That shows that I'm making a lot of improvement. With the past week being so freakin' hott, I have felt miserable when I have been running. I have been regretting my decision of signing up for the half marathon in December and really feeling alone and dejected. I wasn't seeing any progress, and in fact I was seeing negative progress if that was even possible.

There were days where I knew that I had run 2 miles and I would look down at my watch and see that I hadn't even run a mile. Oh my gosh. I was miserable. The positive side of things was that I kept trying. On the days that I was supposed to run, I ran. Even if I wasn't able to run the entire time I would run/walk the distance.

Today was different though. I thought it was going to be the same. I had the worst night of sleep that I have ever had in a LONG time. I was up for so long, i thought I might as well go run at 3:30 since I was up. I ended up leaving at 5:50, but I think the difference might have been that I knew that I was going to be tired so I made some iced coffee before I hit the door. I try not to be a big coffee drinker, especially before I run but this really did the trick. I had enough energy to keep me going. I kept a good pace the entire time and before I knew it. I had reached my distance for the day which was 3.5 miles. Rock on! I proudly wore the sweat on my face as I strutted back to my house. I was literally dancing in my street. I wonder what my neighbors thought of me as I shook my groove thing in my driveway. Oh well, they were probably just getting their lazy tails out of beds while I was kicking butts and taking names!

No comments: