Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm Pretty Sure I'm Getting Old

Okay. I know. I'm 23. In the grand scheme of things, that's not old. That's actually not old at all. Most people my age are living the good life of partying all the time and living with reckless abandon. Not me. I'm old. Here are the reasons why I am old:

1. I have to get my sleep. I don't mean party til 3 am then sleep til 1 pm. I mean go to bed around 9:30 if I'm lucky and sleep until 7:30am. Even on weekends. I'm a party pooper.

2. I don't like to text. It takes me forever. I don't like all of the symbols and abbreviations for things. What's wrong with a good ole' phone call. So many young whippersnappers have really "deep" relationships with people and they can't even talk face to face.

3. I have considered buying wrinkle cream. I don't' have wrinkles yet. But I did watch an Oprah about 5 years ago and she had older women who looked really young on there. There was one lady who started using wrinkle cream when she was 18. I'm already 5 years behind!! Yikes!

4. My body feels old. I ache and I crack all the time.

5. I have no control over my flatulence. I will just be standing in line at a store and it just happens. I turn around as if to say,"Did you hear that? Who was the rude person who let that fly?"

6. The music that I used to love isn't so hot anymore. I was riding with children and an *NSYNC song came on. I automatically turned it up so everyone else could sing along...I was the only one singing. They hadn't even heard of *NSYNC. I bet they had never heard of Hanson either.

There are a lot more reasons I'm sure. I haven't even reached 25 yet. I don't even have children. How am I going to keep up with rugrats? Oh yeah. I am also turning into my mother. That will have to be another blog another time.

No comments: