Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Going Home!

I hadn't been in my house in Dyersburg since Jan. 31st 2008. I had been back to Dyersburg since then, but for some reason or another, I hadn't been able to go home. I forgot how nice it was to be there until I pulled into the driveway and into the garage. Portia knew exactly where we were. She bolted out of the car and into the loving arms of Hershey (the family dog). My mom was so happy to see me and even made me a wonderful dinner and dessert. I was even able to have dinner with my father and hear about his new job. It sucks only having one vehicle for us to use because I would love to drive to Dyersburg on a Friday and stay until Sunday. I miss my church family very much. It turns out that Andrew's car needs a new cable. As soon as they order the cable, it should only take a few hours to fix...if Andrew can help his dad. That means another Dyersburg trip on a weekday. I was so exhausted when we returned. All in all, I say that it was a good trip for our little family of three. Andrew was able to figure out what was wrong with his car and spend some one on one time with his dad. I was able to be with my family for a short while, and Portia got to have some major play time with Hershey. Hershey will probably sleep for a few days now after playing with Portia. Herhsey is getting a little old for her antics.

No comments: